Within our core mission we maintain a flexible approach in consideration of potential grant opportunities. We do not hold grant application deadlines and can ordinarily respond to charitable need on short notice, through-out a funding year. Our grant sizes are between $1,000 and $20,000 as a typical range.
The Petritz Foundation receives a large number of requests for assistance and, due to our size, can fund only a small percentage of the many worthy causes that approach us. As a matter of practice, we prefer opportunities where we can make a difference with our grantees through financial support and value-added advice, on a case by case basis. Therefore, the Foundation is unable to accept most unsolicited grant proposals.
Organizations that have not already been invited to submit a proposal should make initial contact through Jeffrey Cooper, Executive Director, with a one-page letter that includes the:
- mission of the organization and its most recent annual budget size,
- need to be addressed,
- project description or campaign that funding is being sought for,
- intended outcome of the proposed endeavor,
- size of the grant or contribution requested,
- total funds requested for the project or program, and
- list of primary sources of funding that have historically supported the organizations operations or projects.
Please email: email@example.com and do not send annual reports or any other program literature in any medium unless requested to do so subsequent to an initial contact.
Due to our limited staff, we are unable to personally meet with all grant seekers. After careful review of your proposal we will contact you should there be a good fit with your organization’s mission and/or proposed project and the objectives of the Petritz Foundation. Thank you for contacting us.